Last week, the topic was about our Happy Place, a place of escape, where you may find calm and peace.....especially during this possibly frantic and stressful time of year. My Happy Place is always the same....on our sailboat in a quiet bay with no other boats with us. Just us and the quiet and nature. That is My Happy Place.
This week, we talked about a number of helpful hints that maybe will get us through the holidays...and beyond. So, here we go.
- Try to eat healthy.
- Cut down on the amount of baking that you do.
- Don't take part in the cookie bakeoffs.
- Put tempting food out of sight.
- Make sure that you have alternatives.
- Pick quality food.
- Vegetable cocktail is a good way to get veggie servings.
- Don't go to the party h-u-n-g-r-y.
- Sample everything only once.
- Use a napkin instead of a plate (you're more likely to to eat the messier foods, which are usually pointier).
- Wear tight pants.
- Look at the selection of food then make choices rather than nosediving and regretting later.
- Eat before you go out.
- Try soups or chili at fast food rather than fries.
- Bring your treats and snacks with you....brown bag.
- Be informed...take your Dining Out Companion with you.
- Send leftover treats home with others.
- Move the food if it is near your desk.
- Avoid the lunchroom if that is where the leftovers are located.
The Bottom Line => M-O-D-E-R-A-T-I-O-N
The DIETPATROL - DIETPATROL - DIETPATROL