Friday, November 10, 2006

Smoothies and Crackers

According to my journal, this week has now ended, and a new one starts. That's a good thing because I am out of any extra points from the '35' group. Now, I might need some of them at some point in the week, since there are a few upcoming challenges. But I think that I have enough control back, and a better attitude, that I shouldn't be in too much danger.... at least that is my hope.

This past week has been quite good. It improved significantly after last Monday, so things are looking up. I also see a small difference in my pants and on my scale (my scale is very accurate to what the WW scale says). So I know that this program does work if I work.

I also switched up a few things. One is a significant change. After I workout, and just as I arrive home, I am so hungry that shoe leather starts to look appealing. I then turn into a foraging bear, scavenging through the cupboards for anything that will fill my hunger. And that usually ends up being a bad thing. So, this past week, I have packed little pick-me-ups to bring with me to the gym, for after my workout......a little package of crispy minis or pretzels or crackers. I don't want an apple or carrots or celery at that point, but I know that I do want something else, and it has to be crunchy. Hence my picks. So far, this is working to my advantage, and I intend to keep that up.

The smoothie bar opened at the gym. Nice bar, with a tropical look and feel. Now, I am waiting for them to produce their nutrition information, so that I can calculate how much one of those tasty little numbers is worth. When I first asked them for this, they looked at me like I was Godzilla. Nutrition labels are appearing on nearly everything these days, and I am the type of person who will not buy an item if it does not have that information. So, the smoothie bar claims to have a 2 point orange smoothie, so I just might try that next week. The smoothies come in a zillion flavors, and are lactose free, cholesterol free, fat free, soy based, and I know what you're thinking....they probably taste awful. BUT THEY DON'T!!! I tried a sample or 2 last spring when the gym had its annual anniversary party. If I recall, it was a pina colada flavour and it was awesome....

So, now that I've worked myself into a nice hungry tummy, I think I am going to bid this post a good night, and dream of smooth yummy smoothies......


Find yourself a little extra something that will keep your control in check, as well as the cravings.

Til tomorrow.....
The DIETPATROL - DIETPATROL - DIETPATROL

1 comment:

Barb said...

You're doing good :)